Terms & Conditions
- Bookings can only be accepted from a person with a minimum age of 18
- The cottage must not be used as a venue for gatherings such as weddings, parties, filming, or company training courses except by prior agreement. We reserve the right to make an extra charge for non-holiday bookings
- The cottages must not be used for stag or hen parties. We reserve the right to cancel your booking or refuse to handover the keys of the cottage(s) to anyone booking a stay with this purpose in mind.
- There is strictly no smoking allowed inside our holiday cottages
- We do not accept pets anywhere in the cottages or grounds, at the exception of guide dogs. Please contact us prior to making a booking.
- The number of people occupying the cottage or grounds must not exceed the maximum number stated for each cottage
- Check-In time is 4 pm. We aim to please: if your accommodation is ready before that time, we will be pleased to let you check-in early. Call us on the day to check availability time.
- Check-out time is before 10 am on the day of departure.
- Your cottage must be left clean and tidy (please remember that self-catering cottages are not hotels). A cleaning kit will be left at your disposal. All rubbish must be removed from the property and disposed of in the bins provided.
- The person making the booking will be held responsible for the condition of the cottage. We reserve the right to charge for excessive cleaning, and for breakages or damage caused to the cottage
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the cottage, or to repossess the cottage, if we believe that damage is likely to be caused, has been caused, or is being caused by any member of your party, or if any member of your party displays unreasonable behavior causing danger or annoyance to others, or if any of the above conditions have been broken. This will be deemed to be a cancellation by you and no monies will be refunded.
- We have the right to enter the cottage in your absence (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise e.g. if repairs need to be carried out
If you have any reason to cancel your booking, the following conditions will apply: –
- If your entire party cancel, for any reason, more than 2 calendar months prior to the commencement date, your deposit and any other monies paid will be refunded in full.
- If your entire party cancel within 2 calendar months of the commencement date, your deposit and any other monies paid will be refunded in full, providing that the cancellation is for one of the qualifying reasons set out below.
Qualifying Reasons must occur after the booking has been made, and must prevent the booking from being taken up. In all cases, appropriate evidence must be provided.
- Bodily injury, serious illness, or death of any member of your party, or a close relative (spouse, son or daughter (in law), parent (in law), grandparent, brother or sister (in law), fiancé(e)), or a close business associate
- Any of your party being called for jury service, or as a witness in court
- Redundancy of any member of your party, provided that the employment has been on a continuous basis for 2 years
- Cancellation of leave by H M Armed Forces or Police Force
- Fire, storm, flood, theft, or damage at the home of any member of your party
A refund of all or part of the rental may be made where floods or snow prevent the entire party completing the journey to take up the booking.
If your entire party cancel for a reason other than one of the qualifying reasons set out above:
- If the booking is cancelled less than 60 days before arrival then a charge equal to 25% of the stay will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before arrival then a charge equal to 75% of the stay will be made.
- In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
Insurance: we recommend to all our customer to consider purchasing a separate Cancellation Insurance, which provides cover in the event of curtailment or cancellation.
Coronavirus pandemic cancellation Conditions: In the event that your entire party is prevented from staying with us due to National or regional restrictions (full lock-down or other government imposed tier system) or in the event that Hill farm Holiday Cottages is unable to open for the same reasons, a transfer /credit note valid for 2 years will be issued. Alternatively, you can request a refund, which we will be happy to proceed in full, less a £25 administration fee.
Unfortunately, neither of our cottages is suitable for guests who are permanent users of a wheelchair.
There is ample parking for all guests in the gravelled area in front of the cottages, and The Hay Barn has a paved area leading to the front door.
- At the front door is a natural stone step set into the gravel to give a step up of 2” (50mm) from which you step over the 5″ (125mm) threshold into the hallway
- The ground floor is all on one level.
- The cottage is fully carpeted except for the kitchen, which has a vinyl floor covering.
- The staircase has a half-landing after 8 steps, with a further 5 steps to reach the first floor.
- Each step is 8″ (200mm) high, and there is a handrail on one side only
- The first floor is all on one level
- The shower in the en-suite has an 11” (275mm) step over into it
- The exterior door from the utility room has a 5” (125mm) threshold, with a step down on to wooden decking.
- From this deck there is a 5″ (125mm) step down on to a graveled terrace
- From this terrace, there is a slope down to a grassed paddock, which is shared with The Hay Barn
The Hay Barn
- The front door threshold is 1½ inches (35mm) high, with a 1” (25mm) step down inside from the wide sill
- The cottage is fully carpeted except for the kitchen and under-stairs en-suite, which both have a vinyl floor covering.
- The lounge and one of the twin bedrooms are on the first level on the ground floor.
- There is a step 3½ inches (85mm) high in the hallway.
- On this slightly higher ground floor level are 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room, the house bathroom, the dining kitchen, and 1 twin room with en-suite shower room.
- There are 13 steps up to the first floor, each of 8” (200mm), with a handrail on one side.
- The first floor is all on one level
- On the first floor are 2 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room,) 1 twin bedroom and the house shower room
- All shower cubicles have an 11” (275mm) step over into them.
- Outside there is a gravelled terrace with access from an exterior door in the kitchen, via an area of decking 5” (125mm) high, with a 4” (100mm) step in front of the door. The door has a threshold of 6” (150mm)
- There are 2 sets of steps down into the grassed paddock from the terrace, one of which is made of chopped bark, and has small risers and deep steps, making it easier to use.
We hope that this information is of help to most people; however, we appreciate that everyone’s needs are different. So, if you are not sure whether our cottages will meet your particular requirements please give us a ring. We welcome all inquiries, and will try to do our best to accommodate you.
We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with inquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold or shared with any third parties. We may use your contact details to inform you of future offers at our cottages. If you receive the occasional e-mail from Hill Farm Holiday Cottages, it is because we genuinely believes that you may benefit from being made aware of our offers. In line with the new GDPR law, we processed contact details solely for the purpose of sending a message to you.
If you would like us to amend the data we used to contact you or remove your data from our list, you will be able at any time to send us a reply marked ‘No thanks’ and we will remove you from our database. As we are a considerate business, we would appreciate if you can recommend us to your colleagues, should you believe information and special offers we send may benefit them instead. Thank you.